Wellness Place - Treatment Adjuncts
Last Updated on Monday, 23 May 2011 21:30 Written by Kevin Nelson Wednesday, 09 June 2010 21:32
Volunteer Dietitian Consultants
Specialists and diet recommendations are available to deal with:
- Loss of appetite
- Changing diet needs
- Tolerance and taste change
Resource Materials on Alternative-Care Settings
There may be some need for care services and there are several options depending on need, such as:
- Nursing and convalescent homes
- Adult family home
Treatments may cause some changes in appearance, temporary or permanent.
- Wigs and head coverings are available at several places, as are clothing alterations.
- Prosthetic devises are available from several sources.
- Wendy Skalisky at 'This is Wendy' is available by appointment to fit wigs and head coverings. Call 888-9506.
- ValuPlus Home Health Care 1737-D N Wenatchee Ave., Wenatchee provides professional fitting services for prosthetics. Call 663-8772.
Standard hospital room equipment can be purchased, rented or borrowed. A list of businesses and other sources is available at Wellness Place.
During the course of treatment there may be a need to have professional, in-home services.
- Home Care & Hospice - 665-6049
- Healthy Options - 663-9585
- In-Home Care of Central WA - 663-7742
Adapting to physical changes may be necessary. An explanation of these programs is available at Wellness Place.
- Outpatient physical therapy
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
Fax: 509-888-9988Email: Ellen.Pell@WellnessPlaceWenatchee.orgMail: P.O. Box 1802, Wenatchee, WA 98807
In person: 609 Okanogan Ave., Wenatchee, WA