Our Mission: To enhance the health of the region's residents.
Wellness Place develops and supports programs that enhance the health of residents in the Wenatchee, Washington region. Founded in 1998 as the Wenatchee Valley Clinic Foundation, it later separated from Wenatchee Valley Medical Center and became a stand alone non-profit organization named the North Central Washington Rural Health Foundation, then recently renamed to Wellness Place.
Our vision is to be the leader in developing and supporting community based programs to become the healthiest region in the Northwest.
Wellness Place's current roster of programs includes Wellness Place, targeted to serve cancer patients, Stay Active and Independent for Life (SAIL) and Diabetes Support Services.
The Foundation believes that:
- All people have a right to participate in our programs.
- Participants in our programs will have a beneficial experience.
- Fostering individual empowerment will improve one’s health.
- We will maintain integrity in all of our programs.
- Collaboration with like-minded groups is valuable.
- Responsible decisions to sustain the human and financial resources of the organization are essential.
- An independent organization is necessary to identify, assess and support non-competitive viable healthcare programs.